In this case study Tim lays out his hiring process really well.
It's not the same way I do it, but it works for him.
Everyone is different. Figure out what works for you and stick with it.
Summary of Success Story with Tim Fahndrich
- 0:52 - His business is web design, social media marketing, local search optimization, and reputation management
- 1:20 - 3 Filipinos working in their business
- 1:58 - Tim's interview process
- 2:28 - Contact via skype
- 3:14 - Tests their english
- 3:38 - Good internet connection
- 4:05 - Expects proper and consistent reporting
- 4:25 - Willingness to be on skype during working hours <-- This is important. Everyone is different. Find what works for you!
- 6:15 - Willingness to learn and share ideas
- 7:15 - Part-time vs Full-time <-- LISTEN TO THIS!
- 8:54 - How Tim trains his Filipino VA's
- 9:30 - Using GoToMeeting, Jing, and recorded videos with Camtasia
- Skills Tim looks for (english, wordpress, linkbuilding, video editing, directory submission, graphic design)
- Tim likes to have some things done in the USA, not in the Philippines
- Different personalities do things differently. Figure out what works for you.
- Figure out what you really want to get done before you hire.
- Daily communication! So important
- Have realistic expectations
If you have an Outsourcing Success Story, Please share it!. I want to hear about your success (and I’ll probably give you some free advice if you do).
Check the other case studies