This is a great case study with George and Evan.
They're doing local business marketing and building a whole host of wordpress plugins.
Here's a summary of the case study.
- 1:22 - Their business model (local business marketing)
- 3:00 - tasks they're outsourcing (social media)
- 3:40 - documenting tasks and teaching new people how to do them.
- 4:35 - starting with a blank slate
- 7:50 - asking your Filipino workers to teach you
- 9:30 - starting with 2-3 people
- 10:12 - following instructions
- 10:20 - where they found people to hire (OnlineJobs.ph)
- 10:45 - George's twist on my hiring strategy
- 11:50 - emailing them and then waiting to see who emails back
- 12:20 - looking at someone's delay in response time as a hiring test (this is great!)
- 13:00 - Don't cherry pick people!
- 15:10 - Filipino's don't like to disappoint
- 15:50 - Contacting people vs putting a job out there (<-- This conversation is worth the whole interview!)
- 18:00 - Laying out specifics before giving a task (good and bad of doing this)
- 19:30 - Learning to delegate
- 19:45 - "It doesn't matter how good you can do it, if it doesn't get done...WHO CARES!"
- 20:20 - Things their Filipino workers do with article marketing
- 21:20 - "OPSEO" and "
- 23:00 - How MOWSEO saves you time and makes your sites more successful
- 26:30 - Getting stuff done you hate doing
- 27:30 - How to outsource repetitive tasks
- 29:40 - Using a different Skype account for interviewing people
If you have an Outsourcing Success Story, Please share it!. I want to hear about your success (and I’ll probably give you some free advice if you do).
Check the other case studies